Chrysler Blogger Faceoff Contest (“Contest”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“U.S.”) who are 18 years of age or older and have been individually invited by Chrysler to participate in this Contest. Employees, directors and officers and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, an spouse or “step” of each) and the household members (whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the contest) of Chrysler Group, LLC (“Sponsor”), Ignite Social Media, Marketing Resources Inc. (“Administrator”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, dealerships and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Contest (collectively, the "Contest Entities") are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Contest is void in Puerto Rico, outside the U.S. and where prohibited. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. For the avoidance of doubt, the Contest Entities, with the exception of Chrysler Group, LLC, are not Sponsors of this Contest.
- CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: Contest entry period begins on February 15, 2012 at 11:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on February 24, 2012 at 4:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Entry Period”). Voting opens on February 27, 2012 at 12:00:00p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on March 7, 2012 at 4:59:59 p.m. ET ( the "Contest Voting Period").
- ASSIGNMENT: Bloggers will be given a list of 5 topics from which to choose his/her writing assignment. Blogger will then be expected to submit at least one post as an entry. Each post should be between 250-750 words in length. Winners will be determined by public voting.
TO ENTER: Participants are selected by invitation only. Once selected, entrants will choose from a selection of 5-6 assignments, the topic s/he will write about and submit as his/her entry. Topics will be sent to verified participants by email. There will be a total of 10 bloggers selected to participate (5/category) Each entrant will be assigned to one of two categories in which s/he will compete: Family Focused Blogger or Automotive Blogger.
Participating Bloggers will have approximately one week and a half to create content, which will be posted on the official Chrysler blog web site located at http://blog.chrysler.com (the “Web Site”). Limit one (1) Entry per person.
Under FTC regulations and other applicable laws, bloggers that receive products for review from companies must disclose this to their readers. If we have provided you with a product for review or giveaway, we strongly suggest you disclose this information to your readers. Read more about FTC guidelines here: http://bit.ly/7OIaQ4
Additional attempts to play and/or gain entries from any person or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entrants using exchange sites will be disqualified. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Submissions must be the original work of the entrant; may not have won previous awards; may not have been previously used for public display by any third party; must not infringe any third-party’s rights; must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent); must not contain obscene or pornographic material; may not contain defamatory statements; may not invade privacy, publicity or other rights of any person, firm or entity; may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations; may not contain any reference to any third party trademarks, names or third party logos; and may not contain any copyrighted works owned by third parties. All Entries will be reviewed for content eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules before being judged. Entries containing false information, prohibited material or inappropriate content, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may be disqualified. Sponsor makes the final determination as to what Entries are eligible for this Contest and reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Entries cannot be changed, altered or modified once submitted.
Commercial Use of Entries: Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents the unconditional, irrevocable, worldwide right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Entry and/or photo/video in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant, whether or not such Entry is selected as a winning Entry. BY SUBMITTING THE ORIGINAL ENTRY, THE ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT HE/SHE HAS ALL RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST NECESSARY TO GRANT THE SPONSOR THE WORLDWIDE, IRREVOCABLE AND UNRESTRICTED RIGHT AND LICENSE TO ADAPT, PUBLISH, USE, EDIT, AND/OR MODIFY SUCH ENTRY IN ANY WAY AND POST THE ORIGINAL ENTRY ON THE INTERNET OR USE THE ORIGINAL ENTRY IN ANY OTHER WAY AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SPONSOR HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS TO THE CONTRARY.
- WINNERSELECTION: Winners will be determined by public voting; the entrants who receive the most “votes” in each category will be deemed the Grand Prize winner in their respective category. Limit one (1) vote per person, per category, per day. Votes garnered by using multiple email addresses or any other device or artifice to vote multiple times will be disqualified. In the event of a tie, a random drawing will be conducted from the tied Entries.
PRIZES: Two (2) Grand Prizes (One Winner (1) per category): Trip for winner and three (3) guests to attend the 2012 Auto Show in New York, NY for 3 days/2 nights on Friday, Apr. 6 – Sunday, Apr. 8, 2012. Trip includes round trip coach class air travel, double occupancy hotel accommodations (2 rooms) for two (2) nights, four (4) passes to the 2012 NY Auto Show, a Visa Gift Card in the amount of $1,800 for incidentals and a $500 Visa gift card which may be used for a spa package or shopping spree. Additionally, each winner will receive an iPad® 2, 64 GB Wi-Fi which may be given away to one of his/her readers. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $9,510. Total ARV for the promotion: $17,520. Winner and guests must be able to travel on the same itinerary during the above referenced travel dates.
iPad is a trademark of Apple, Inc. which is not a Sponsor of or affiliated with this Contest.
Five (5) Mommy Blogger Participation Prizes: Each blogger in this category will receive a Chrysler Leather Tote by Clava, ARV: $300.
Five (5) Auto Blogger Participation Prizes: Each blogger in this category will receive a Chrysler Leather Overnight Bag and Chrysler Executive Portfolio, ARV: $300.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize. Grand Prize winners will be issued IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the winner. Winners of trips and their guests must travel on the same itinerary and on dates/times as determined by Sponsor. Guests must be at least 18 years of age or older. The actual value of a trip may vary depending on point of departure and fluctuations in the cost of air transportation. Any difference between the estimated ARV and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded. If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of destination, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation, and no compensation will be provided for any difference in prize value. Travel dates are subject to availability; blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Winners and guests are responsible for having valid travel documents, including government identification and/or passports. Winners are responsible for all travel expenses not included herein, including airline baggage fees, gratuities, meals and any other incidental costs or expenses related to participation in this prize. Guests of winners must sign and return a travel liability release before travel will be booked. Sponsor is not responsible if event is delayed, postponed or canceled for any reason. Winners will not receive compensation from Sponsor for tickets that the winner is unable to use due to cancellation of the event, but tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer. Winner agrees that event admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to that applicable winner and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to winner and/or his/her guest if either winner or his/her guest violates the previous restrictions or engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the event. Visa Gift Cards are subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Entities resulting from user's participation in, attempt to participate in the Contest, or download of any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Entities for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences, without limitation, that may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Contest Entries are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor and Contest Entities from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Contest and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
- Winners List: For a list of the winners of prizes valued at $25 or more, send a self addressed stamped envelope request to: Chrysler Blog Off Contest Winners List Request, Att: Talitha Johnson 325 S. Old Woodward, Birmingham, MI 48009 no later than April 30, 2012.
- SPONSOR: Chrysler Group, LLC, 1000 Chrysler Drive, Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2766.