By: Edward Cardenas
When the all-new Chrysler Pacifica was introduced earlier this year, there was a big presentation at the North American International Auto Show, press releases and lots of discussion about the new features and minivan firsts offered in the new vehicle.
From the roof down to the wheels and throughout the interior of the vehicle, new features abound in the Pacifica, helping to make the minivan more safe and secure, user-friendly and more technologically advanced than before.
But instead of rehashing the items in a long list, we recruited one of the engineers who worked to bring the vision for this new minivan from concept to reality to demonstrate some of these features in a video:
In case you missed some of the standard and available innovations mentioned by Jessica LaFond, Lead Engineer – Chrysler Pacifica, here’s a list of the Pacifica features she demonstrated:
1. Active grille shutters
2. Tri-pane panoramic sunroof
3. Stow ’n Go® seating for the second and third rows
4. ParkSense® Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist1
5. Optional 20-inch wheels and tires
6. Instrument panel drawer with storage for tablet
7. Active noise cancellation
8. 8.4-inch Uconnect® touchscreen
9. Center floor consoles with four cup holders
10. 360-degree Surround View camera2
11. Two 10-inch touchscreens in second row
12. Hands-free power sliding doors
13. Easy Tilt access to the third row
14. Forward Collision Warning-Plus with mitigation3
15. Auto-dump third-row head restraints
16. Stow ’n Go Assist
17. LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning-Plus4
18. “Are We There Yet?” navigation app
19. Built-in Stow ’n Vac™ vacuum
20. USB, HDMI and AUX ports available on the back of the front seats
21. Hands-free foot-activated power liftgate
1Always look before proceeding. An electronic drive aid is not a substitute for conscientious driving. Always be aware of your surroundings.
2Always check entire surroundings visually before proceeding.
3This system is an alert system for the front of the vehicle. It is not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use brakes to avoid collisions.
4This system is a driver’s convenience system, not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and maintain control of the vehicle.
You can learn more about the All-New 2017 Chrysler Pacifica by visiting the Chrysler Pacifica website.