Like all Chrysler 200 sedans, the 2013.5 Chrysler 200S Special Edition will start production at the Sterling Heights, Michigan, assembly plant but will undergo additional upfitting at the Chrysler Group LLC upfit center in Warren. Furthermore, the 200S Special Edition will enjoy several incredible—and standard—features, including:
- The best-in-class 283 horsepower Pentastar® V-6 engine
- Boston Acoustics® premium sound system
- Touchscreen radio with Bluetooth® hands-free phone
- Sport-tuned suspension
Surrounding these features will be an ultra-cool exterior punctuated by a new gloss black mesh grille with a floating Chrysler wing. Other exterior features include:
- Unique semi-gloss black 18-inch aluminum wheels
- New lower front fascia with a lip spoiler, giving the front end an even more aggressive look
- Body-color sill cladding, platinum chrome molding and unique black 200 badging
- At rear of vehicle, body-color decklid spoiler, platinum chrome light bar and a unique rear valence with polished fascia-mounted exhaust tips
Detroit-based outfitter Carhartt, a company known for durable work-wear and personified by hard work and perseverance, collaborated on the interior design and materials. Unique items include:
- Seats featuring a durable water-resistant fabric insert specially selected by Carhartt, with the Carhartt logo embossed in the upper portion of the front seats
- Signature Carhartt triple stitching along the seats in diesel grey color
- Air vents and steering wheel painted with a unique black paint to give them an aggressive but understated look
The 2013.5 Chrysler 200S Special Edition is the embodiment of the values the Chrysler brand prizes most—determination, drive and the will to push ahead into new territories of design.
Stay tuned to Forward Look for additional information regarding this exciting, one-of-a-kind vehicle. More updates are coming soon. In the meantime, please visit the Imported from Detroit merchandise website—the new line of IFD-brand Carhartt clothing is now available for purchase.