New innovations and safety and security features go hand-in-hand in the All-New 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. Building on more than 30 years of FCA minivan tradition, the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica offers a fresh spin on a classic family vehicle, mixing the latest in technology with the best protection available on the road.
The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica has over 100 standard and available safety and security features to help keep your family well protected, Stow ’n Go® seating that provides best-in-class cargo volume1, and available hands-free sliding doors and liftgate to help you when your hands are full. Available in late fall is the Pacifica with hybrid technology — the first ever hybrid minivan.
SAFETY AND SECURITY FEATURES ON THE 2017 CHRYSLER PACIFICA | 5 OF 100
We understand your family’s safety is invaluable, and thus the Chrysler Pacifica is purpose-built with more than 100 standard and available safety and security features to ensure you feel well protected on the road. Here are five advanced features you may find particularly useful on your next drive.
1. The lane you choose: The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica is designed to give you a hand on the road. The available LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist2 uses a camera-based vision sensor to detect and measure vehicle position within lane boundaries. If the system senses unintentional lane drifting, it will engage to provide a visual warning and will provide gentle corrective action to keep you on course, so you reach your destination safely.
2. Safety and security is straight ahead: Similar to LaneSense, the available Forward Collision Warning3 utilizes radar and video sensors to detect whether the Pacifica is approaching another vehicle or an obstacle in its path too rapidly and assists you in avoiding an accident by providing audible and visual warnings. If you still don’t respond, the system will provide autonomous braking. It’s like a backseat driver you don’t mind hearing from.
3. Safety and security you can visualize: Follow the gridlines with an available 360° Surround View Camera4 that provides a bird’s-eye view of the Chrysler Pacifica and its immediate surroundings, using four cameras positioned around the vehicle to create a fully stitched image. Dynamic gridlines help guide you, with the ability to select between front cross-path and rear cross-path views.
4. Enjoy peace of mind when you cruise: Even when it’s time to just cruise, safety and security remains of the utmost importance. Thankfully, the available Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go5 is an intelligent cruise control system that utilizes radar and video sensors to identify vehicles in your forward path and maintain a set distance between the Pacifica and the vehicle in front of you.
5. Eyes in the back of your head: When you drive a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, you’re keeping more than just the people inside your vehicle safe and secure — it provides eyes on the things behind you as well. The available ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System with Stop6 helps detect obstacles near the rear of the vehicle to help you maneuver into tight spaces at parking speeds. A graphic display in the instrument cluster notifies you of the proximity of an object and the system will bring the vehicle to a full stop, if necessary, to help avoid a collision. When backing out of a parking space, the Rear Cross Path Detection system6 will alert you if the sensors detect vehicles or objects crossing your path.
With your family’s safety and security in full control, you’ll be able to enjoy the new innovations and technology that make the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica so much fun to drive. You and your passengers won’t be able to get enough of all that’s new. Take a look:
37 NEW INNOVATIONS ON THE 2017 CHRYSLER PACIFICA
The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, with a laundry list of new innovative features, is most certainly the first of its kind. It delivers on form and function, convenience and performance, technology and style, and safety and security. Here are a handful of the 37 minivan innovations you’ll find handy and exhilarating on your next road trip.
· First minivan with second-row Stow ’n Go® seats with second-row Easy Tilt with child seat installed
· First minivan with Stow ’n Go Assist
· First minivan featuring available 10.1-inch touchscreens in second row
· First minivan featuring available “Are We There Yet?” navigation app
· First minivan with available in-vehicle embedded games
· First minivan featuring available capacitive touchscreens
· First minivan available as a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (Pacifica Hybrid coming fall 2016)
· First minivan with available Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist system7
· First minivan with available hands-free power sliding doors (late availability)
· First minivan with available hands-free power liftgate
· First minivan with available LaneSense Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist2
· First minivan with available Forward Collision Warning3 system with mitigation
· First minivan with available dual-pane sunroof with third-row fixed glass
· First minivan to offer optional 20-inch wheels and tires
· First minivan with capless fuel fill
· First minivan with USB ports in back of front seat
· First minivan with all-LED interior lighting for all price classes
· First minivan with available video USB port
· First minivan featuring available Bluetooth® remote with touchpad
· First minivan with 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) cluster display screen
· First minivan to use an electronic parking brake
· First minivan with a nine-speed automatic transmission
· First minivan with KeySense programmable key fob
· First minivan with available Rear Park Assist System with Stop6
· First minivan with rotary e-shift knob
· First minivan with safe hold technology
· First minivan with active grille shutters
· First minivan with available in-vehicle wireless device connectivity
Count on over 100 standard and available safety and security features and 37 innovations on the Chrysler Pacifica to help make the journey to your destination not only hassle-free and enjoyable, but also safe.
Visit chrysler.com to learn more about the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, and compare models to find the right fit for you.
1Based on the latest available competitive information and the FCA US LLC Premium Minivan segment.
2This system is a driver’s convenience system, not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and maintain control of the vehicle.
3This system is an alert system for the front of the vehicle. It is not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use brakes to avoid collisions.
4Always check entire surroundings visually before proceeding.
5This system is a driver’s convenience system, not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use the brakes to avoid collisions.
6Always check entire surroundings visually before backing up.
7Always look before proceeding. An electronic drive aid is not a substitute for conscientious driving. Always be aware of your surroundings.