We’re saddling up in the fight against cancer as the sponsor of the American Cancer Society’s 11th annual Cattle Baron’s Ball, Saturday, September 28, 2013, at the renovated Cobo Center in downtown Detroit.
This is not your average black-tie affair. The event calls for cowboy chic attire and guests will dine on Western-inspired food and beverages from more than 20 local restaurants. Beginning at 6:30 P.M., guests will enjoy live music and can bid on exclusive packages, including a 2013 Chrysler 300 John Varvatos Limited Edition.
The Cattle Baron’s Ball will be led by honorary chair and Chrysler brand President and CEO Saad Chehab, along with the master of ceremonies, WJR talk radio personality Paul W. Smith.
“We are proud to join the American Cancer Society as it recognizes its 100th year fighting against cancer,” said Chehab. “It is a privilege to be a part of this event and to honor those who continue to battle this disease, in addition to those we have lost in the Chrysler family, with the hope that one day soon an event like this won’t be needed.”
Since the inaugural event in 2003, the Cattle Baron’s Ball has raised more than $10 million to help fuel the American Cancer Society’s efforts to end cancer and support those currently battling the disease.
During the silent auction, guests will have the chance to bid on other exclusive packages, including:
- A shopping spree to the John Varvatos Bowery Store in New York City with hotel and airfare included
- A three-day, two-night trip to New York City, including tickets for two to see Motown: The Musical
- A Chrysler Technical Center track experience with Pietro Gorlier, president and CEO, Mopar Brand Service, Parts and Customer Care, Chrysler Group LLC
- A tour of the product design office with Ralph Gilles, president and CEO, SRT Brand, and senior vice president, Design, Chrysler Group LLC
- John Varvatos merchandise
- Mopar accessories
All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society in support of programs and services for those currently facing cancer, cancer research, prevention and early detection.
For tickets to the Cattle Baron’s Ball or to inquire about taking part in the live auction, call 248-663-3401 or visit cbbdetroit.com.
If you are unable to attend the event but would still like to place an offer on the items listed above, an auctioneer will gladly accept your bid via phone.