The new 2016 Chrysler 200 is built to outshine the competition and to stand out in any crowd. Here are 10 ways this next-generation midsize sedan is setting a new standard for performance and luxury in its segment.
1. We start this list the same way we start the 2016 Chrysler 200 — with standard Keyless Enter ‘n Go™. With the key fob in the vehicle’s proximity, Keyless Enter ‘n Go automatically unlocks the driver’s door when you pull the handle.
2. When it comes to competition, few metrics are as powerful as horsepower, and the 2016 Chrysler 200 has that in spades, with an available best-in-class 295-horsepower1 3.6L Pentastar® V6 engine.
3. There’s also plenty of room on our top 10 list for a spacious interior. The 2016 Chrysler 200 has the most interior storage space in its class1, and was named among Ward’s 10 Best Interiors. It’s a first-class cabin in a midsize sedan that features sculpted, comfortable seats, two available sunroofs and a unique center console.
4. With a standard 36 hwy mpg2, more than Fusion or Camry, the 2016 Chrysler 200’s 2.4L Tigershark® MultiAir® II four-cylinder engine is engineered to go the distance.
5. The Rotary E-shift with available paddle shifters and sport mode helps redefine the ergonomics and modern style of the center console. The standard nine-speed automatic transmission Rotary E-shift is intuitive to operate and takes up much less interior space than a traditional shifter.
6. This list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning all four wheels. The highly advanced available All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) system is the most technologically advanced AWD system in its class1 and is a fully pre-emptive system that requires no driver input.
7. The seventh selection on this list is illuminating. The 2016 Chrysler 200 lights the way to luxurious, sleek style with standard bifunctional projector headlamps and contemporary LED taillamps. The available Premium Light Group adds High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with LED Daytime Running Lamps and LED fog lamps.
8. When you maximize your airflow, you quickly discover how aerodynamics can be about more than just aesthetics. The 2016 Chrysler 200’s active grille shutter system enhances aerodynamic performance by redirecting airflow around the front and down the sides of the vehicle.
9. As if the drive alone weren’t entertainment enough, the 2016 Chrysler 200 features an available Uconnect® 8.4 NAV system with premium 3-D navigation, a high-resolution 8.4-inch touchscreen display — the largest touchscreen in its class1 — and available SiriusXM® Satellite Radio. Turn up the volume, and enjoy the ride.
10. Safety is always our top priority, so we saved the best for last. The 2016 Chrysler 200 has up to 60 standard and available safety and security features, including eight standard airbags3 to help protect occupants in the event of a collision. Available safety features include Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking4, LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist5, and the Blind Spot Monitoring System6.
We stopped at 10 for this list, but we bet you can find over 200 reasons the 2016 Chrysler 200 is ready to compete and to stand out in any crowd. Learn more at chrysler.com/200.
(1) Based on the latest available competitive information and the FCA US LLC standard midsize sedan segment.
(2) EPA estimated mpg with 2.4L engine and nine-speed automatic transmission. Actual mileage may vary.
(3) Always sit properly in designated positions with seatbelts securely fastened at all times.
(4) This system is an alert system for the front of the vehicle. It is not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use brakes to avoid collisions.
(5) This system is a driver’s convenience system, not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and maintain control of the vehicle.
(6) Always check visually for vehicles before changing lanes.