By: Valerie of Inner Child Fun
Chrysler is very excited about the all-new Pacifica and provided me with information about the vehicle; I want to share with you how the Pacifica may fit in with your lifestyle.
When I was about 12 years old, my parents took my younger brother and me on an epic road trip from NJ to Utah and back in our family’s mini van. During that trip, I learned how to get along with my younger brother and turn our waiting times into games, to pass the time. We saw so many amazing sights and visited several National Parks along the way! This summer, my husband and I are planning an epic road trip adventure with our own kids (ages 7 and 12) to foster family togetherness while learning along the way. We will be visiting with family members, and stopping to enjoy lots of parks and other attractions. Most importantly, we are looking forward to making plenty of special memories together!
Here are 10 of our favorite tips for road trip fun:
- Set aside a few surprises! A new pack of crayons and a coloring or activity book wrapped as presents to be opened when you reach the midpoint of your destination can make a big difference.
- Listen to an audiobook together.
- Make a road trip playlist with some of your favorite songs!
- Pack a cooler with some snacks. Some of our favorites include sandwiches, bananas, cut grapes, cheese sticks, squeezable applesauce, yogurt tubes, and crackers.
- Play a few travel games. When I was a kid, we would keep track of all the different license plates we spotted. Magnetic tangrams is another favorite.
- Paper chain activities. Before your trip, invite your child to make a paper chain with each link listing a different car activity. Remove one of the links for every milestone reached during your journey. The last link is done once you have reached your destination.
- Pack a new book.
- Make your own travel bag. With the help of some fabric crayons, kids can transform a plain canvas bag into a unique travel bag to pack their own toys or activities.
- Window decals. Bring along some page protectors for little ones to create scenes using window decals. Great for storytelling fun!
- Stop for breaks often so everyone can walk around for a few minutes.
If your family is in the market for a new vehicle, how much fun would a family road trip be in the All-New 2017 Chrysler Pacifica? One of my favorite available features of the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica is the Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist (the car can park itself!) which really comes in handy when visiting a city that may only have parallel parking spots available. The Park Sense® rear park assist helps guide you in the daily grind of parallel parking.
The All-New 2017 Chrysler Pacifica also features STOW ‘N GO® Seating and Storage system with Stow ‘n Go® Assist to make it so easy to pack away seats for extra cargo space. I was also impressed with its over 100 safety and security features like the Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist (Disclaimer: Electronic driver assistance features are not substitutes for active driver enrollment, always be aware of your surroundings when operating a motor vehicle). For more information on the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, click here.